I decided to go cut my own Christmas tree. I wanted the biggest tree I could find. It's times like this that having a
man around would be beneficial but since I don't have one of those I took a small
chain saw and off I went. I suppose I didn't think it through very well cuz I
cut a 20 foot tree then couldn't pick it up. I called one of my friends that
lives close to the tree farm to help me but he couldn't pick it up either. In
the end it took two men and myself to get that damn tree in the truck, then in
the house. You should have seen them trying to net the tree. It was so big we
couldn't push it though the net machine. Guess not to many people are in the
market for 20 foot trees. When we got the tree in the house and untied the rope
it popped open. Let me tell you that tree is a lot bigger inside than what it
was outside. It's massive and takes up over a quarter of my living room. Glad I
have a big living room otherwise it would only have a tree in it. Yesterday I
watched all the coven kids along with a few others that don't live on the
compound so the crew could go see Chris Cornell in Ann Arbor. I had a slumber party. What a
great time I had with the kids!! The first thing we did was decorate the tree.
Except I forgot to put the star on the tree before the guys stood it up and
left. I thought I'd try to get the star on myself. It's difficult to put a star
on a 20 foot tree that is almost as big around as it is tall. I thought with my
flexibility and balance I can get the star on all by myself Arabesque style.
Yeah, right..... I ended up ridding the Christmas tree down to the floor. That
was a great laugh for all of us. You know when stuff like that happens, other
stuff like oh shit, comes out of your mouth. I do try to be the best influence
for the kids as possible. Danny says, "You can swear. My dad does it all
the time". Hahaha (yeah, I know.) So then my big heavy tree was laying on
it's side on my floor. I had to stand it back up, so I rigged a pulley system
and hoisted that big ass tree back up. Yes, I can be very inventive when I need
to be. The kids did a great job at decorating the tree. We played hide and seek.
Which turned into hide, sneak up on someone, and scare the crap out of em'. We
ate pizza, and made Carmel
apples. Then I mentioned playing video games. Which turned into how bout we
play Rock Band, which turned into Rock Band is only for people who really don't
know how to rock!!! Hell Yeah, that's my girl. So, I took them all downstairs
and we really rocked. We have some ridiculously talented kids. You can tell who
their parents are, that's for sure. Hey, at least their being raised
appropriately... Musically anyway {wink}.
I have a big bedroom that I turned into a huge walk in
closet for all my costumes and stuff. I have enough stuff that anybody can play
dress up at my house. The boys didn't really wanna play dress up but they did
however say they'd like to see me in my cat woman outfit. What I wanna know is
how do the boys even know I have a cat woman outfit? That outfit is still a hot
topic several years later except I shouldn't be having that conversation with
kids that are all under 10 yrs. old. Jayden professed his love to me before bed.
He bought me a red wood rose with his allowance money that he gave to me while
telling me how much he loves me. He wants to take me out on a date to Mc
Donalds. He told me I was way to pretty to be single and that he will marry me
when he is old enough. I told him, I was way to old for him and by the time
he's old enough to marry I'd be an old lady. He then told me, he like's older
woman and that's how he rolls..... Hahaha I kid you not and he's 7. Like I
said, you can tell who their parents are. Sweet, cute as hell little Jayden. I
just love that kid. He's pretty romantic for a 7 yr. old. To bad he's not a least 25 - 35 yrs.
older.....
A turn in the path
and there it stood
in a valley
in the middle of the woods.
A little old house
so pretty and quaint
with a multitude of colors
that didn't come from paint.
The window frames were chocolate
with meringue for the sills
pink candy tiles covered the roof
framed by the surrounding hills.
Cinnamon donuts were the bricks
that formed all the walls
piled one atop the other
'til they reached ten feet tall.
The heart shaped pond in front
was filled to the brim with coke
and rising from the chimney
was cotton candy smoke!!
I sampled sills and windows
bit off doorknobs with delight
I feasted on that house
'til I looked a sticky fright.
Then craving the cinnamon donuts
I pulled some from a wall
but to my horror it trembled
and slowly began to fall.
I threw up my hands in front of me
and awoke with a scream
the taste was still so strong in my mouth
yet it must have been a dream......
No comments:
Post a Comment