Nostalgia

Nostalgia
Nostalgia

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Mayhem Updates








Sorry I haven't been more entertaining this week. Kind of wiped after finishing revisions on my novella. Damn late night epiphanies. Making some changes that won't matter to you guys. Resubmitting by Friday. The novel is coming along. I'm having a harder time with this because the story has resonated in my mind for such a long time. No wonder many writers are alcoholics. Getting this involved with so many imaginary people will really screw with your mind (Ha). I'm thinking about posting a one chapter teaser for you guys. Not sure if that's a good idea or not. Guess I'll have to talk to my people and see what they say about that. A few months ago I wrote a piece called "Le Belle". Only a very select few got to read it. It's kinda personal and will never see print. It was something I wrote after a hot ass dream infused with my illusion of ever after. Inspiration at it's finest {wink}. Anyway, one of the select few that did read it was my editor which is also a very good friend. She shared it with another friend (unknowing to me) that is a publisher agent . I got a e-mail basically saying what a hot story and I need to start writing romance smut. That story is not in any way my typical subject matter. I've never written romance in my life nor have I ever felt the need to. Honestly, I don't know if I'm capable of writing a novel or novella of that magnitude. It takes a lot of passion to write romance. Some of you know where the inspiration came from. I'm afraid a story such as that is a one time thing. I don't have any other inspiration. So unless something major changes I don't see any romance coming from me......  


Got a lot of entries for the 2012 Heavy Weights Battle of the Bands. I've been spending a lot of time going through submissions and listening to tracks. I'm terribly critical when it comes to composition and quality in music. Most of these bands are SO difficult to listen to! My ears, my poor ears..... So far I only have two I'd even consider. At this rate there won't be a show......

One of the dancers took a nasty fall and twisted her ankle, tore a tendon or something. Since I know the choreography and performed in the show for several seasons, I was asked to step in until she heals from her injury. I wasn't planning on doing Nutcracker this year but my love for dance and theater I couldn't say no. So, I'll be performing in the "Nutcracker" ballet with the Chicago Sinfonietta until she heals from her injury. The month of December is going to be extremely busy for me now.


For those of you who are going to Metalfest in January. It will be a rippin' show. Brian and I booked some great bands for your listening pleasure. Have a great time! However, I will not be there. I will be somewhere on a mountain. Skiing, writing, eating, drinking, relaxing, with a little Mayhem on the side.......

The 2012 Mayhem festival is underway. Last year I had a lot going on and was unable to attend all the shows. I'll be behind the scenes, lurking in the shadows doing something somewhere but I will be on site at all 25 shows this coming year. 26 tour buses, 13 production trucks and over 20,000 screaming fans!!! John, Kevin, Dave, the rest of the Mayhem crew and I work very hard to make Mayhem Fest the best one ever and 2012 won't disappoint. I am personally disappointed because I really wanted to invite my favorite foreign band on this tour but I lost the battle. It's not over 2013 is coming up and I'm a hell of a squeaky wheel. At least we can all agree the music is fabulous. I guess more time to prepare for the next battle which I surely will win. On a lighter note: My good friend Spencer will be there with his band 5FDP. The remaining line up will be announced soon. So watch for my postings.

I'm in Chicago today recording 6 new episodes. Tune in for the hardest in your face metal station in Chicago. We'll be airing my interview with Danzig on December 10th. My interview with As I Lay Dying will air on the 17th. I'll be announcing how to win free tickets to the upcoming Rock Star Energy Mayhem Festival nearest you.

I'll be promoting some of our best local metal bands this week on Friday at Planet Rock. The crew from 97.9 will be there as well. Come down and watch a good show, meet the bands, and have drinks with yours truely. I'll have some cool stuff to give away and I'll be tending bar from 5 - 7pm. I've never bartended in my life, I really don't know what I'm doing, and I'm sure I'll be slow. But, if you come down I promise to make your drinks like I make mine. So damn strong you can barely stand it......

























No comments:

Post a Comment