Nostalgia

Nostalgia
Nostalgia

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Bad Habits

Before I left on my journey I was lectured. I'm going to hash this out on my blog. I know not only do my friends read my blog but so does my mom and the rest of the family. I really can't argue with anything you both said. It's all true. Every bit of it.....

Yup, I smoke a lot of pot. I pretty much smoke on & off from the time I wake up til' the time I go to bed. If you smell cronic, I'm probably close by. There are many things that I could be doing that I don't partake in. Yeah, I get the munchies but I eat healthy for the most part. I do like to make marijuana cookies, butter, oil, brownies, cakes, candy, beer, you name it I'll put some magic in it. Yup, I'm a sticky note addict. I can't for the life of me remember the day to day things. I have to write it down or I'll forget. I have a great memory for the most part. I can remember everything from the time I was 2 - 3 yrs. old to current. I can remember every conversation I ever had. I can remember how to play both piano and guitar to over 400 songs. I can remember all the chorography I've ever done. I can remember every news article, band interview or article, or book I've ever read. I can remember peoples names and what they do even if I only met someone once then don't see them for years. It may take a minute but I'll remember the name even if I don't recognize the face. I stink at math (other than the basics) but for some reason or another I CAN remember every address, locker combo, phone numbers, drivers license number, social security number, all my bank account numbers, credit card numbers,  I've ever had. If I seen yours at one point I can tell you what it is (good thing I'm not a crook). I'm not kidding, I remember all that stuff. I have a million sticky notes that remind me of all the day to day things I know I won't remember later. Maybe it is due to smoking so much weed but I think it's due to all the other stuff in my head. I have a very active mind. My wheels are always turning so it doesn't surprise me that I can't remember everything. Even if all the other stuff is suppose to be more important than all the stuff I can't remember. I think my mom's issue was she asked me a question and I told her I needed to think about it before I gave her an answer. She came to see me a few weeks later and asked me if I had thought about it. I said yes and started flipping through my paperclip of sticky notes looking for my answer....

Blocking out the world. Yup, guilty again. I get it you guys. I really do. I'm too good at blocking things out. You have said, a freight train could run through my house and I wouldn't blink an eye. Your probably right but I'd figure out what happened when I'm looking through what used to be a wall. I know at times you can be talking to me and I'll be looking you in the face and not know what the hell you just said. I live in my mind and sometimes it's hard for me to focus when I have other things I'm thinking about. I know I seem to be getting worse instead of better. I have been thinking about serious matters within the last couple of months so it has been worse than ever before. I will really make an effort to pay attention. That would get on my nerves too.

Food? Oh, yummy. I love good foods. I used to love making gourmet dinners but I don't have anybody to cook for. I hate to make dinner that will take me several days to eat. I don't wanna cook for myself. I do it but I don't like it. There I said it. As much as I love food, I hate shopping. You will never see me at the mall or somewhere stupid. That includes the grocery store. I'm guilty again. Getting me to go grocery shopping is like getting a tooth pulled. I'll go if I must but it hurts so bad. I will finally go when there is absolutely not one thing left. I'm not a shopper. Although I don't mind going to the fresh fruit/ veggie market. Why don't they have delivery boys that bring you your groceries? That is such a good idea. I would for sure be a loyal customer. I would like to tell you I'd get out and go shopping at least for groceries but I don't think I can get over not liking to shop. If I can't go to guitar center and get what I need or get on line I don't really need it. I'll go before I starve I promise. {wink}

Communication? I communicate. Read my blog or facebook. Settle down, I'm just kidding. You all complain often that I won't answer the phone, I never have my cell phone on, I won't open my mail, I won't check my e-mail, and half the time you can't get me on facebook. If something bad happened I wouldn't know it cuz I won't answer the phone. You again are right. My step mom passed away not so long ago and I couldn't be reached just like you said. I was told via Facebook. Although I already knew she was gone. I was waiting on the call but I forgot to turn my phone on. Sad, I know. I'm guilty again. I hate the phone with a passion unless I'm initiating the call. I'm being honest..... Every time the phone rings I want to smash it. You can thank my ex for that. He would call me a million times when I'd be working a show, or promoting, or out of town. It didn't matter what was going on or where I was I could count on him calling a million times to see what I'm up to. Dave, you remember what happened in Seattle. I lost it right there in front of everybody. It's the Miz Mayhem show. Watch me flip out, turn colors, and if your lucky you may even see me reach through the phone and strangle someone. Hopefully in time that too will pass. It's not just that. I'm an artist. Usually I'm writing, playing, painting, or sculpting. I'm in my zone and when the phone rings it's a distraction and it just flat out gets on my nerves. I hate phones and would be happy if we could only e-mail. Which brings us to Mail and E-Mail....

I read my e-mail when Dave tells me to. Sometimes I even do it without being told. If I'm super bored and have absolutely nothing better to do I have checked it before all on my own. It just doesn't happen very often. I don't get bored only once a year or something. Boredom has never been an issue for me. Checking my own e-mail? Oh, please don't make me!!! I don't open my regular mail either. I go to the mailbox just for exercise. I bring the mail in and it sits in a basket on my desk til the basket fills up then I shred it. I look at it when I bring it in. I just don't open it unless I think it's something important like when I got the letter from the court. I opened it and it pissed me off. Another reason why I don't open the mail. Shred that shit and stay happy. Look what happened last year when I opened my bank statement and realized I ran up a $1,260.00 bar tab at the ski resort for one month. It pissed me off. It's stuff like that. I don't need to know. Which brings us to finances.

Nope, I don't know what my bank statement says. If someone was stealing from me unless they took all my money at once I'd never know it.  I don't balance any of my accounts. I don't balance a checkbook. I have a checkbook but I never really use it. All my bills are set up for automatic bill payment. I don't open my mail so I have to otherwise everything would get turned off. I buy what I want, when I want. There's plenty of money so I don't worry about it. I don't like going to the bank either so sometimes (real estate sale) there can be hundreds of thousands of dollars sitting in another basket on my desk waiting to make it to the bank. I'll make it to the bank before the 90 day expiration on the check. I try to get everybody to pay me via wire transfer but not many do it that way yet. Another great idea then I wouldn't have to ever go to the bank. I have a drawer in the kitchen where most people would probably keep cooking utensils but I keep cash in there. You can't pay everything with a debit or credit card. If I need cash I grab what I need and I'm out the door. I try to keep enough to last several months because I don't go to the bank. If someone breaks in and can make it through the coded locked gate at the bottom of the driveway, then make it past the coven crew without being seen, then make it past the alarm system and the dog I suppose they deserve it. If they even bother to look in the drawer. Mom I know you freaked out when you seen all those checks sitting in a basket and seen how long they had been sitting. I know I'm blessed to be successful when the economy is so crappy and so many are in financial crisis. I wanted to be able to tell you I'd take care of my personal life better and get my butt out of the house. I was thinking about it and didn't think I'd really do it but I did come up with a plan to get my checks to the bank as I get them. Turns out you can MAIL your checks to them and they will deposit them for you. Yay, now all I gotta do is order some stamps. Ewww, that means I gotta go to the damn post office. I can take a piece of mail to the mailbox though. Not a problem.....

Why won't I date anyone? I'm working on a piece as we speak that address this question. I'll be posting it sometime soon. It's somewhat painful and I can only handle dealing with that issue in small doses.   

I do leave the house. I'm not at home now. I'm never home in the winter months. I'm out when I'm performing, or working a show, or seeing a show, or touring, or promoting, or going to a writers convention or writers awards. I also get out when I have to go stupid shopping. I get out to go to guitar center or when I'm at the Civic Theatre or the studio. See, I do get out plenty enough. I'm happy at home. That's my sanctuary and I only leave if I have to. I'm happy writing, painting, playing, sculpting, reading, facebooking, blogging ect.....

So mom I get your point. I'm functioning on a disfunctional level. I'm so busy promoting, building, writing, painting, drawing, sculpting, blocking out the world and all my other projects that the day to day stuff is more than neglected. I flat out just don't do any of it. I can't say much will change because I'm happy, I don't wanna do any of it and none of those issues other than the not paying attention and blocking out the world are really an issue. They are, but there not. I get it but I don't wanna do anything about it at this time. But I do hear what your saying and I know your right......

No comments:

Post a Comment