Nostalgia

Nostalgia
Nostalgia

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

"Good Girl" with "Bad Girl" Tendencies

I know I said I would check my facebook and write something for the blog everyday and I haven't. I'm sorry, I've been playing hard and haven't done much else. I thought a change of scenery would help clear my head. In a sense it has. I haven't thought about anything until yesterday. I get on the mountain and forget everything. I did start writing. Unfortunately, after reading it back I'm all over the place. I had several different things all jumbled into one long ramble. I'm working on cleaning it up, separating it into several posts so it's not so long and making it coherent so it will make sense. At this point, I only make sense to myself. Big surprise there....   

My brother and I were talking. He said, I do this every year. Every year around this time I kind of weird out a little. I get antsy, feel restless, need a change of scenery, start hashing out past, present, future issues in my head. Every year I go through a sort of death and rebirth. I never put much thought into my yearly habits. Now thinking about it. I do, do that. It's the change of season as well. Once again death, renewal, rebirth......

I took my little brother on this trip with me. We've been having to much fun. Been skiing in Aspen for the last several days. Got chased down by ski patrol first day out within a couple of hours of being there. I missed my spot to get on the chair lift with Tee so we both went up alone. I was right behind him though. At the top just before you ski off the lift if you push down with your ski's at the lip, the chair will lift you up just a little then pushes you off at a pretty good speed. You can jump off the peak with some speed behind you. What I didn't know was, you had to either have two people on the lift for weight or weigh at least 170 + pounds for that trick to work. Once I reached the top, I pushed down with my ski's and it lifted me up so high I couldn't get off then it started to go around as to go back down the mountain. I can see my brother standing below watching all this go down. Looking at me shaking his head laughing. Oh hell no! Have you ever seen anybody ride the lift down the mountain? No, I haven't. There is just no way I'm riding the chairlift down the mountain. So, I jumped off. That is a big NO NO. You are not suppose to jump off the chairlift but I did it anyway. There is a right way to do the wrong thing. They stopped the lift, and the next thing I know I see ski patrol peering over top to see who the idiot is. I know there gonna come after me. I also know almost everybody that works ski patrol. We all run in the same circle sort of speak. If you want me you gotta catch me. So I took off and led them on the chase. I always liked tag, and there it. Catch me if you can damn it MUHAHAHAAAA

Ski patrol is chasing me. My brother is chasing ski patrol. I led them all to South slope black diamond and jumped off the devils pitchfork. For any of you who don't ski or don't know that slope, the devils pitchfork is a 60' foot drop off the face of the mountain. Only a few of us actually attempt the drop all the others go around. I opted for the jump of course. Landed smooth, stopped to see if the others were going to follow me or go around. I didn't wanna loose them so soon. So I watch and wait. My brother ski's well but not well enough to do stuff like that. I knew he'd be going around. Both of the ski patrol guys followed me so I take off again. Chase is back on.....

I took them off devils pitch fork, through the pines, over the moguls, to the back side of the terrain park over all those big jumps. Finally, we all came to a stop. Now I get to see who's been chasing me. Whoever's been chasing me already knows who they've been chasing. You can't miss me. I'm the only one on any mountain at any givin' time wearing my signature black and red colors, sporting devil horns on my head, with hellfire ski's. I'm easy to spot. I may be mischievous but I really am a "good girl" who just happens to have "bad girl" tendencies. I'm pretty sure it's one of our crew cuz not to many of ski patrol would have chased me down like that. Most of them would have watched and waited, and caught up with me at some point later. They were having as much fun chasing me down as I was leading them on a chase. It was Spencer and Kal. The two Kamikazes from hell. Ha, now that's how to kick off the ski season. Great chase guys. That was a lot of fun.......

Night before last I tried to do a triple off Widows Peak. Didn't quite make it. Crash and burn. My first crash of the season was a big one. I hit so hard that I lost everything. I-Pod, my tin, my flask, goggles went flying off my head, one ski popped off, poles laying here and there. I'm pretty sore to the point it hurts to breathe and won't be doing any more skiing for a little while.  Tee and I left Aspen yesterday. We are now in San Diego. I will heal here, take a short break, and do some writing. Take it easy for a few days. Do some scuba diving and chill with The Aunts. The Ocean calls and serenity awaits......

No comments:

Post a Comment