Nostalgia

Nostalgia
Nostalgia

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Cheater and the Lunatic

A couple of weeks ago one of my girlfriends came over to my house with a man she works with. At first it didn't register but it didn't take long for me to understand that they were more than just co-workers. This friend of mine is co-habituating and in a relationship with another friend and has been for a few years. What am I to do with that, I ask myself? I know I don't approve. I surely can't allow her to hang out at my house with some fling from work. If I allow her and that man to stay at my house that means I'm ok with it. Which also would make me as guilty as her. I pulled her aside and told her she couldn't stay here with that man. They both had to go, with a quickness! I just don't feel it's right and I don't want any part of it. Why the hell would anybody do that? Why bring him here? Of all the places to go, she comes here? That makes no sense to me. Everybody knows I don't do the cheating thing, it won't fly, and your probably going to get some backlash and some flack for it. It don't make sense and I don't like it. We've all been hurt at some point in our lives. I know I have. I've been cheated on, I've been lied to, I've been deceived. It's emotionally draining and I don't understand why anybody would do that to someone they say they love. That isn't love and if it is I'm good with that. I mean, I get the whole lust thing and all. I'm no stranger to lust but damn do you not have any self control or what? I've never done the cheating thing so I wouldn't know by personal experience but it seems to me that it would be a lot of work, the cover up, the lies, the guilt, and everything that goes with it. What do you say to yourself to justify your actions? I guess I'm just not cut out to be a deceiver. If you wouldn't tell your parents, your friends, your lover, or if it's a big secret maybe you shouldn't be doing it. That's all I'm saying. If you have to hide it, it's not worth it. Do onto others as you want done onto you. It quite simple really!!

I've already talked to her about my feeling on this subject. I never asked her why she did it, I really don't care. It makes no difference to me. If your unhappy get out before you start something new. If not put up and act right. Be true to yourself and your lover. There is peace and comfort when your conscience is clear and your true to yourself and those around you. It's not like me to nag, bitch or complain more than just once. I've said all that I'm going to say. It's none of my business but she kind of made it my business when she brought him here. I don't like judging people or putting them in some classification or in some little box of fuck ups or whatever you wanna call it. I don't think I'm better than anyone else or without flaws. I just hold myself to a higher standard than that......

Night before last I was invited to my cheater friends home along with another girlfriend. We had dinner and a few drinks then her boyfriend came home. He was a raging lunatic. I've never seen that side of him before. She has told me a few stories but until you actually witness it for yourself you don't really have a clue. He screamed, ranted and raved for what seemed like forever. My first instinct was to get the hell out of there but I couldn't leave her with a mad man. Who knows what he may do. I've never seen somebody so out of control. I don't like men that beat there chest and get loud in an attempt to make a point. I can't speak for her but that would never work for me. In fact, that would be a one time thing and he'd be part of the past. I would dump him so quick his head would spin. How the hell she puts up with that crap is beyond me. I still couldn't tell you what he said and I'm an excellent listener. I didn't hear anything he said, in one ear and out the other. All I could think is what an ass hat!!!  It must have shown all over my face cuz he then yelled at me and I didn't say or do anything. I stood there with that OMFG your such an idiot. I can't believe how much of an ass you are look on my face. He had me all kinds of ruffled. I don't do raging lunatic. If you have something to say why can't you just sit her down and say it like a normal person. Why would you do it in front of your friends? I don't get it. I just don't understand how one thinks that blowing up will solve anything. You know, I'm pretty calm and cool most of the time. It takes a lot to get me stirred up. I hate to argue, I'll discuss anything until we can come to some kind of mutual understanding that both can live with. I like some kind of resolve though. Even if we agree to disagree. I'm ok with that but I'm not sure what happened over there. All logic went right out the window. After listening to him rant over I'm not even sure what for far to long I had enough. He slammed his fist down on the counter and yelled, "That is it". I have a sharp tongue and I'd been biting it for long enough. He got to see a part of me he's never seen before. The bitch goddess once again reared her head and said, "Your right, that is it"! "Enough! you sit down and shut your mouth. I've heard all I'm gonna hear for one night." He got the riot act like I suppose nobody's giving him before. It probably wasn't my place but damn, how much more can one take. I had more than what I could handle and was DONE. I don't blow very often but when I do it's usually a crowd stopper. No one said a damn word after that. It was nice and quiet, you could hear a pin drop. I'm not a yeller, I'm very good at making a strong impact and making my point.
 
I wish I hadn't been there to witness his blow up. I don't see him in the same light as I did. I don't know if I'll ever look at him the same way again. I don't know how she can lay next to someone who says such hurtful things. I couldn't do it........ 

No comments:

Post a Comment