Nostalgia

Nostalgia
Nostalgia

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Logic vs. Metaphysics

This is another taboo subject for me. I don't like discussing how I feel and it's hard when I don't understand what I'm feeling. Harder yet when I don't like all the aspects. I'd  like to push it way down inside me and pretend it's not there but that isn't going to work in this case. I'll ignore it, change the subject, or do something to distract everybody from the questions I don't want to answer. I know a thing or two about distraction and I'm very good at it.....

In my attempt to continue on this path of openness I'm going to share my thoughts on the mystery man you've all been questioning me about. I'm not going to name anybody so don't ask. I will never tell, and if you pressure me it will only make me retreat, I still won't tell, and you'll get nothing. My parents and very close friends already know whom I'm referring to as for the rest of you, you'll just get a glimpse of what goes on in my twisted little mind. I'll probably ramble a lot and go from one subject to another and you'll probably notice I have an internal battle within myself. As far as "I feel" goes, at least I'm feeling something. Even if I don't understand it. I've been so numb for so long feeling anything is a step. It's nice to know that I'm capable of some kind of emotion. I'm not dead after all, imagine that. Ha!

I know I wouldn't be getting asked all the time about this if it wasn't so far out of charter for me. It's not like me to take an interest in anyone I have never met. Let alone on the other side of the earth, not to mention a great musician. Yeah, ok that last part might be a stretch. I've dated a couple well known musicians but I knew them. It's not like I stumbled upon them or vise versa. What bothers me most is superficial and stupid but true enough. I don't want to be one of those woman that chases some musician around for I'm not even sure what? Please tell me, I haven't become one of those girls I tease. I'm not some delusional fan with a weird crush. Right? If that's the case please just hang me now.......

I cannot explain this on any rational level. I'm a practical, rational thinker and whatever this is, it isn't logical or rational. It just is. That's why I believe I have this internal battle within. I live in my mind, I think way to much, I over analyze everything to the point I drive myself crazy. If I could get rid of the microscope I might be alright. I'll say one thing, then turn around and contradict myself immediately. I'm done trying to make sense out of something that makes no sense (logically anyway). In a metaphysical way it makes perfect sense. Why do I always feel like I only make sense to myself? Because I am misunderstood and I only make sense to myself......

This is different than anything I've ever experienced before all the way around. I don't even know what to call it. What is it? A crush, infatuation, a spiritual connection, or just insanity? I don't chase men, men chase me. That's how it is, that's how it is meant to be. I never have in the past, so why start now? Cuz, I can't stop it, and I've finally lost my frickin mind. Yup, I've let my mind wonder so far that now I cannot find it......

Being I am a sensitive, I can only go on what I feel around me, what the universe and my dreams tells me. If you listen carefully and quietly everything around us, speaks to us. I'm drawn to water and it speaks to me. The wind, the plants and trees, the animals, the mountain, fire, metal, the cosmos, all of it speaks a language. It will show you the way but you have to be paying attention. You just have to listen and be a good listener then it makes perfect sense......

 I suppose it started with the music. The first time I heard it, it drew me in like a vortex, and I wanted more. I'm curious by nature. The music was so powerful it sucked me right in. As I lay there listening, I can't help but wonder who the hell is the man behind the music. This is better than good, better than great, this is like a black hole that sucks everything in. That's what I mean when I say powerful music. I can't say I've ever heard anything quite on that level. The more I learn the more intrigued I am. Now, I want to paint him. Really, I want to touch him but I can't so I will draw. It's the next best thing. Every time I see a picture, or hear that voice, I want to reach out and touch him. It so frustrating at times, because that urge to touch him is just so strong. As I travel further down the rabbit hole the dreams start. Little flashes of this and little bits of that. "I feel" I guess is the keyword here. Don't ask me what, it's a bunch of stuff that I cannot adequately explain.....

This man has got me firing on all cylinders, and don't even know it. He knows I have a thing but I'm sure that's as far as that goes. When I write to him, I write whatever pops in my mind. I write it and send it so fast I don't have a chance to edit anything. If I was to slow down, edit, or wait a second before sending he'd get nothing but a hello and goodbye. In the past I've been drawn in by the music, physical appearance, sexuality, or intellect. This time I've been hit on all sides, all at the same time. It's somewhat of a sensory overload but I'm not complaining. I can't turn it off, he's not going anywhere and I have been blinded forever more......

The other day I respond to a post. I suppose it was a friend of his that made a statement to me regarding fish. I wish I could remember exactly what he said but it threw me way off. I didn't get the whole fish statement. I think I said something that probably makes no sense to anybody but myself along the lines of fish don't eat this worm. I don't know, I was so perplexed on the fish statement when I went back to re-read the statement it was gone. I suppose the guy deleted it for some reason, or was it ever there at all? Did I have a vision and didn't realize it or did I just imagine the fish statement? Hell, I don't know but it was weird....

After the Vampire's Ball we had an after party. I was pretty buzzed, maybe ate one to many magic brownies, too much hash and had plenty enough to drink. Someone said something that reminded me that I wasn't supposed to be there. I should have been on a damn plane. Kind of a buzz kill, so I went out back and laid under the stars to collect my thoughts. I look up into the night sky and I see the constellation Pieces just as clear as day. Of course right at that moment it hit me. I get it now! The fish statement and all. I didn't see any fish but should have. I can't believe I missed it. I guess you need to smack me across the face with a pair of fish. He is Pieces, now that makes sense......

This doesn't make much sense logically but metaphysically it makes perfect sense now. I see the world through a different pair of glasses. It's often stimulating, but too abstruse for the average reader. Try to stay with me here. I'm going to try for a lucid explanation and keep it simple to understand (I hope). I usually loose most of you when I go into the metaphysical world.....

Have you ever heard, The Music of the Spheres? How about Harmony of the Spheres? The music of the Spheres incorporates the metaphysical principle that relationships express qualities or tones of energy which manifest in visual angles, shapes and sounds. All connected within a pattern of proportion. The pitch of a musical note is in proportion to the length of the string that produces it, and that intervals between harmonious sound frequencies. The Sun, Moon and planets all emit their own unique hum based on their orbital revolution. The quality of life on Earth reflects the tenor of celestial sounds.  Astrology has a base 12 cycle in common with music. In music theory there are intervals which are more harmonious than others. If music theory can be applied to astrology, then the most harmonious to least harmonious aspects are conjunction, quincunx, sextile, square, trine, semi sextile and opposition. Astronomy and music are twinned in sensual recognition. Astronomy for the eyes, music for the ears, and both requiring each other.....

I believe any relationship should balance strengths and weaknesses. Too much of even a seemingly good thing is often bland and unproductive, meaning that two "astronomical twins" who have the same planet alignments, were born at the same time, in the same place, etc, are not always the most compatible. Rarely are even the most narcissistic of people excited about the possibility of being in a relationship with themselves. So healthy or positive synastry between two is about blending and complementing another’s energies to create a healthy synergy......

Consider the zodiac as a circle or belt of fixed stars surrounding the Solar System. These fixed stars serve as landmarks in the sky. As the planets orbit the sun at their respective speeds and rhythms, when viewed from earth they appear to be in a particular constellation of the zodiac (area of the sky). Aspects have to do with the distance between planets as they travel. Aspects are measured in degrees since they all are moving within a big circle around the sun. Each of the 12 signs of the Zodiac occupies 30 degrees of the 360 degree circle. For example, if Mars is passing through the area of Pieces and Venus is traveling through Virgo, at a certain time they will be exactly 120 degrees apart. This aspect is called a trine. A trine is considered the most positive aspect because it is between similar energies and therefore easily blended. It is between the earth sign Virgo and the water sign Pieces. If, however, Mars was in Virgo but Venus was in Scorpio, this aspect would be a sextile or 60 degrees apart. They are separated by one sign or constellation between them. The sextile is also a positive aspect because the energies complement one another. In this case they represent the elements of earth and water, which in nature need or support each other.....

Compatibility between a man and woman when a man's Mars is conjunct with (in the same position as) a woman’s Venus, this denotes a very primal and urgent attraction. They represent the opposite energies in the zodiac and in nature. Venus is the Female principle and Mars is the Male. The combination of attraction /Affection (Venus) and Passion (Mars) is 'the stuff of great love stories'......

I can apply this same principal to the yin and yang to give you a different view of the same thing. Yin represents female characterized as slow, soft, yielding, diffuse, cold, wet, and passive; and is associated with water, earth, the moon, femininity and nighttime. Yang represents male. By contrast, is fast, hard, solid, focused, hot, dry, and aggressive; and is associated with fire, sky, the sun, masculinity and daytime. Yin is the black side with the white dot on it and yang is the white side with the black dot on it. The relationship between yin and yang is like sunlight playing over a mountain and in the valley. Yin (literally the 'shady place' or 'north slope') is the dark area occluded by the mountain's bulk, while yang (literally the 'sunny place' or 'south slope') is the brightly lit portion. As the sun moves across the sky, yin and yang gradually trade places with each other, revealing what was obscured and obscuring what was revealed......

I never gave astrology a thought until my epiphany under the stars the other night. I'm a sensitive, I don't have to. They talk to me through emotion and feeling. I hear it whether I want to or not just not in the sense most think. When I'm asked how I know the things I know. I can't explain it. I get bits and pieces through many different things which is another thing I really can't explain. I'll go to bed with an issue in my head and wake up with a crystal clear answer and I don't know where it came from but I know it to be as true as I'm sitting here. You may have read previous poems and such that I have written with him in mind. I didn't know it at the time but there are lots of references to light. Now I understand where all those reference are coming from. He is light to my dark. That's gotta be why he is so calming to me......

So you see it's quite simple really. It's in the music, it's in the stars, it's all around me. I just can't believe it took me this long to get it. My actions may be quick but I'm slower than a damn snail. This is why I fight with myself. My logical side rejects this whole notion while my spiritual side affirms, confirms, and approves. It's like having the devil on one shoulder and the angel on the other. My angels wings may be black and tainted but metaphysically she's kicking the shit out of logic until the next battle resumes.......

No comments:

Post a Comment